Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Howdy there!

I've never been much of a trendsetter. I didn't get hooked on Grey's Anatomy until it's third season. I didn't even really start carrying a purse until after I graduated college. So it's only fitting I jump on the blogging bandwagon now that everyone and their grandma (and their grandma's cat) has one.

This is me:

Okay, that's me approximately 27 years ago, back when I was much cuter than I am now. I guess I'm still cute (at least that's what my husband tells me) but I definitely cannot rock the Wonder Woman underoos now like I did back then. And don't you love the pink big wheel? Man, me and that thing had some great trips around the farm when I was younger. You haven't lived until you've zoomed down the cement decline on the corn dryer pit.

This is where I grew up:

It's a large-scale beef cattle and grain operation run by my dad and his two brothers. The farm where I grew up has been in our family since 1927 or thereabouts. It was a great place to grow up.

This is where I live now:

It's a 92-year-old house in a smallish city in the Midwest. We love our house despite it's unfortunate butterscotch color. It's got a lot of character, really high ceilings and lovely wood floors. It also has a teenier than tiny full bath and old windows, so it's generally freezing in the winter and hotter than heck in the summer. It works for now, though, although we know it's not our forever home.

I'm the youngest of three girls.

I'm married to a wonderful man who also grew up on a farm.

We have one son, who is the spitting image of his daddy, and one surprise child on the way.

Hmmm... what else do you want to know about me? I can touch my tongue to my nose and once swallowed a [small] goldfish on a dare when I was very drunk back in college.

Okay, that's probably more than you really wanted to know. Forget that last part.

We have one dog, Ripley, who sheds entirely too much.

I think that's enough for now. If I share everything in my first post, then what is there to keep any adoring readers coming back for more?

Hopefully I'll get the hang of this blogging thing. I mean, if my sister can do it, I certainly can!

3 comments:

kmm0305 said...

Its addicting, isn't it? You can wow us with some of your photography, show off your red-headed spawn, and share recipes.

BTW, everytime I read about your "surprise" baby I think you mean it was a surprise you got pg, not a surprise whether or not it has a penis!

Wife and Mommy said...

Hey there! Glad you're joining us in the blogosphere! :)
(You know who this is, right?)

Cristin said...

Well Hello there!

I've 'known' your sister for a while now... glad to have you joining us!