Friday, August 22, 2008

"Green" product rave

When I find a Green product I like, I'll try and remember to share it with you all. Maybe you'll end up loving it too.

In May, a LiveJournal Friend of mine set up a Mother's Day Swap with people from her Friend's list. The lovely and always entertaining Betsy had my name and she did a fabulous job sending me a fun care package full of goodies. In signing up for the swap, we had to list some ideas of items for the other person to get us, and one of mine was Green products. Betsy did an awesome job supplying me with a fat ton o' stuff from Burt's Bees.

I finally used up the last of my old shampoo and conditioner and had a chance to try out what she'd sent.

The shampoo is Burt's Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed:

It's sodium laurel sulfate, paraben- and phathalate- (phalate? something like that. All I know is it's not good for you) free and smells lovely. It lathers different than regular shampoos becuse of the lack of additives, but I love the way it makes my hair feel. And it also makes it so shiny! I didn't know if I would like the Green Tea and Fennel combo, but it's surprisingly good. The green tea is a nice clean scent while the fennel adds just a bit of spice.

She also gave me this conditioner:
Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy

I need all the help I can get in the volume department. I was not blessed with thick luxurious hair. No, it's rather limp and fine and boring. But this conditioner is like manna for hair. The pomegranate smells super yummy and the soy makes my hair feel so soft and silky. Even though I am in desperate need for a haircut and my ends are fried, this makes them feel like I was in the salon less than a week ago.

The best thing is I hardly have to use more than a quarter-sized amount of either the shampoo or conditioner, so these bottles will last me a long time.

I have some other products Betsy sent in my gift box I haven't had a chance to try out yet, but I'm sure they're just as good as these.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

Hmm, those look like a good gift for your favorite sister. ;) I just bought some shampoo so I should be set for the next two years (it takes me forever to get through a bottle with short hair) but I may have to try these since they got such a glowing review!