Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's almost Fall!

I got my hair cut yesterday. I had to leave work a bit early because that was the only time my stylist could get me in before the end of the month, and I have serious doubts that I'd be available by the end of the month.

Anywho, my salon is in one of our local malls. As I had a little bit of time to kill before I had to go pick up the kiddo from daycare (and it's a rare treat that I get to walk -- or waddle in my current state -- around the mall by myself) I wandered around a bit. Stopped in at Bath and Body Works to check out their Wallflowers refills.

I love those Wallflowers. I don't think the hub is so enchanted, but I think they make our house smell yummy. And I'd rather my house smell yummy as opposed to stinky dog, toddler diaper and stale ass, which is what it would normally smell like if I didn't spend the money on yummy smelling things like Wallflower refills.

Despite being 88 degrees and humid as heck yesterday, it cooled down considerably today, which has definitely put me in a fall-scent kind of mood. I had a $10 coupon for the new Yankee Candle store I used last week to buy Frosted Pumpkin and Harvest scented candles. I picked up Creamy Caramel and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Wallfower refills yesterday. I'm definitely a sweet/spice kind of gal for the fall.

My favorite candles of all time were ones that were made in my little hometown. They came in refillable crocks so when you burned one scent down, you just cleaned out the crock and popped a new candle, in any scent you wanted, in its place. They had a cute little store in their "factory" (I use that term very losely - it was about a 6-person operation) that sold all sorts of home decor and accessories. It was all very Country Americana style, but you could find some nice items even if that wasn't your thing. Sadly, they closed down and I think only do special sales around the holidays.

No comments: