Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I should be...

My life is full of I should be's.

Right now, I should be getting in the shower (at 4pm no less) so I can be presentable to venture out into civilization with the kidlet. Hello Target!

Instead, I'm putzing around on the internet. Before that I was watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I've gotten so sick of bad daytime TV, I've resorted to movie watching and finished both the first and second Harry Potter movies today.

I should also be folding laundry or cleaning or something productive, like finishing the kidlet's birth announcements.

The wonderful thing about working in a small publishing company is I get to play around with cool programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I'm by no means a real graphic designer, but I can hold my own for small things for family and friends. I think I've done almost all the birthday invitations for my sister's girls.

Here's the potential birth announcement for the kidlet.

I'm kind of digging the damask-esque pattern for the background (and it kinda sorta looks like a fleur de lis if you squint and make it go out of focus). But I don't know if I'm 100% sold. I have another design that I started at work before I went on maternity leave and I need to go back sometime and put it on my flash drive so I can work on it at home.

That's another thing I should be doing.

But right now I really need to shower and get ready before the kidlet decides she needs to eat. Again. Seriously, chunky monkey likes her food. And my butt is sore from sitting on the couch all day long, nursing (and occasionally napping).

No comments: