Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm so not ready!

Next week is my last week of maternity leave. I'm so not ready to go back to work yet!

How can I leave my sweet little chubby cheeked kidlet?
She's just begging "stay home with me mommy! Sit on the couch and eat cookies and snuggle with me!"

But I have to go back to work. I know my sister has been able to be a SAHM, but it's not in the cards for us. Even with daycare as expensive as it is (and trust me, it ain't cheap!) we're still better off financially with me going back to work. I'll enjoy the adult interaction, too.

But getting our household up and ready to have two adults and two kids out the door by approximately 7:45 each morning is going to be quite a struggle.

Neither the hub nor I are morning people, he even less so than me (yes mom, it is possible). And lately, he's been staying up even later than usual "winding down" by playing xBox. How one can "wind down" while killing evil terrorists or aliens is beyond me, but that's what he does.

I'm still sleeping on the couch because it's easier to nurse the kidlet there. Which means I haven't slept a full night in my own bed in more than three months. I don't think transitioning the kidlet to either the travel swing in our room or her crib is going to be an easy task. However, we will most likely be switching completely to formula once I go back to work (my supply completely tanked last time and I'm expecting the same again) so I won't be the sole feeder around here.

We have some good trial runs this week, though. Monday I'm meeting with the infant room teacher at the daycare the kiddo goes to (and the kidlet will go to as well starting the beginning of December) just to introduce the kidlet to her and get a feel for their schedule. That's at 9 am (thanks to the hub for setting that one up). Then Tuesday I have plans to to go DM and possibly meet my sister to do some shopping. Because my ass as expanded exponentially from sitting on the couch, I don't really have anything respectable to wear for the kidlet's baptism next weekend or Christmas. Plus, all the good malls are in DM (hello Sephora!) In order for me to drive the two hours there, shop and drive the two hours home to be back in time for my last breastfeeding support group, I need to leave the house shortly after 8.

What I'm really going to miss, though, is the ability to sit around in my pajama pants all day and not shower if I so choose. Somehow, I don't think they'd appreciate that too much at my work.

No comments: