Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Favorite

I used to be somewhat up on movies. In college I had the largest video tape (yes, video tape) collection in my sorority house and girls would often come to borrow movies from me.

However, movies have taken a way back seat on the bus since having kids. Well, normal adult movies, anyway. Aside from the movies I watched while I was parked on the couch while on maternity leave, I couldn't even tell you the last non-kids movie I watched.

Oh wait, I guess we did watch the third Pirates of the Caribbean while at my ILs over Christmas.

Okay, so I couldn't even tell you the last movie I actually saw in the movie theatre. It's been a long time.

But I have one movie that I can watch over and over and over again and never get sick of it.

I give you this week's Friday Favorite: The Princess Bride
I can't even tell you how much I love this movie. I saw it, by myself, in my hometown movie theatre when I was 8. When it came out on video our dad made a copy for us which I probably watched at least once a week, if not more. I watched it while laboring with both my kids. I could probably recite it from beginning to end.

It's just the perfect movie! It has romance, comedy, action; is family friendly but has a lot of humor that adults can appreciate, too. (I will admit the scene where Wesley talks about Buttercup breasts made me giggle until I was about 17. Or maybe 27.) It's chock full of great quotes and references. Plus, how can you not love Columbo as the gruff grandpa and Kevin Arnold as the sick kid.

Hmm... maybe if the hub can dig it out of the basement (we took down all our DVDs and put them in boxes once the kiddo decided he liked pulling them down and rearranging them -- all over the living room -- more than watching them) we'll watch it this weekend.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

Don't forget about your close second, "Girls Just Want To Have Fun!" ;)