Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Favorite

It's already begun.

I had to make a quick stop at Target yesterday over my lunch hour to grab turkey breasts for tonight's dinner (which may actually end up getting pushed back to tomorrow night because I just don't feel like cooking diet-friendly Turkey Parmesan encrusted in pine nuts.)

I was getting ready to check out when I glanced over at an end cap near a checkout lane and saw them.

My drug of choice:

Cadbury Mini Eggs.
These are by far my favorite Easter candy, and perhaps my favorite candy of all time (though that's a pretty tall order, there's not much candy I don't like. Except black licorice. Yuck. )

I've been known to eat an entire bag myself in one day. They're just so darn tasty! You have the delightful crunch of the candy shell and then the smooth Cadbury chocolate inside. Heaven.

One of the best things (and worst for my figure) about living in London was there was Cadbury chocolate EVERYWHERE! There were even candy bar vending machines in all the tube stations, down by where you wait for the trains, so you could grab a Flake or, one of my favorites, the Crunchie while you were waiting. I bet I bought one almost every day (which surely marked me as a non-native, but whatever. I'm a sucker for chocolate!)

When the hub and I went back to London a few years ago, I discovered they had Cadbury Mini Eggs ALL YEAR ROUND! I even bought a bag to take on the plane home. They didn't last long.

I like the creme eggs, but you can only eat one of those at a time. You can eat mini eggs forever and ever. Or until your teeth rot and break. They were a weakness when I was home on maternity leave with the kiddo. I would sit in the nursery and either nurse him or read while he was napping and eat Cadbury mini eggs. (With the kidlet I sat on the couch and ate Halloween candy. Yes, my kids were born at the two peak candy times of the year. Punks.)

So I bought my first bag of the season. I've been good, though, and only ate one serving. I told the hub that I might have to partition single servings into individual baggies and hide them all over the house so I don't eat them all in a diet-induced frenzy.

We'll see how long they last.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

Good luck with that plan. Maybe instead of a birthday cake, I'll just fill a giant pan with CME. Just for you.