Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Favorite

I've lost almost 20 lbs since the beginning of January, thanks to my iPod boyfriend and the LoseIt! app.

I know that's good. That's really good.

Only I have one weakness.

I have the biggest sweet tooth known to man.

I mean, I like vegetables and fruit. I like them a lot, actually. But when it comes down to it, if I had a choice to eat broccoli or chocolate, chocolate will win every time.

That's why today's Friday Favorite are 100 calorie snacks.


Current favorites include Reese's 100 calorie bars, York Peppermint Patty 100 calorie bars, and 100 calorie Oreo cakesters. They're the perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth without completely breaking my calories for the day. The Reese's ones taste almost exactly like Reese's Sticks, which are heaven on earth in chocolate/peanut butter/wafer form.

I know, ideally, I should be completely changing my eating habits to include more whole-grain complex carbs, more fruits and veggies, fewer refined sugars and flours and fewer artificial ingredients (as I sit here drinking my 32oz Diet Coke). And I'm getting there. But it's a slow process, and it's not always easy to retrain your thinking, and eating, to incorporate those things while on a budget. Eating natural/organic food isn't always cheap!

Thankfully, it's also finally getting warm enough to walk more outside with the dog and/or kids. I don't feel quite as guilty about indulging my sweet tooth if I get a good amount of exercise in.

No comments: