Thursday, March 26, 2009

I would walk 500 miles

I have a fairly personal post brewing in my head right now and I'm trying to decide if I really want to post it or not.

But in the meantime, while I mull over that, I'll share about our totally awesome new double jogging stroller.

I've mentioned my love for walking before. Seriously, it's my drug of choice. Even though I did the Couch to 5K program two years ago, and will do it again this year (and hopefully convince my sister to run a 5K with me), I prefer walking over everything else. Especially walking outside.

With the kiddo, it was super easy to just pop him in the stroller, grab the dog, and go. Now that we have two kiddos, it's not that convenient. I either have to wait until the kiddo is taking a nap so that I can take the kidlet alone or have the hub stay with the kidlet while I take the kiddo out on a walk (and then I can't use my iPod like I normally do because the kiddo is constantly peppering me with questions: "Mommy? See that bird? What's that mommy? Are we going on a walk? Is Ripley (our dog) pooping? Mommy? Mommy?").

A few times we did successfully get the entire family out by having one of us wear the kidlet in a carrier, but that was not the most comfortable of solutions.

I'd wanted a double stroller, and once we got our tax refund, we finally sat down, did some research and decided to order one. We ended up buying the Baby Jogger Summit 360 double (in a smashing red color, even though the kiddo wanted blue. Sorry bub, but mommy gets the ultimate say.)

This thing is AWESOME! We took it for a test drive tonight as it was the only time in the next 5 days that would 1) be above 40 degrees and 2) not raining/snowing. Both kids (even the 40", 43-lb 3-year-old kiddo) fit in it with plenty of room to spare and it drove like a dream. You could hardly feel the bumps through the tires (and we have some pretty bumpy sidewalks) and you barely had to push it to get it moving. I am going to LOVE walking with this during the summer.

And I can't wait to see what my arms will look like after pushing around 60+ pounds of kiddos for the next five months. Hello biceps!

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

I would love your recipe--I currently have a dozen granny smiths that need a good home in a yummy dessert or two!

My email is mom_on_the_run2001@yahoo.com