Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I love Sephora

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a particularly good girly girl, despite my lip gloss addiction.

But I'm in love with Sephora. I think I discovered their website my senior year of college, so about 8 years ago. I love browsing and seeing what's new and reading reviews of things I think I want to try.

And I'm a huge sucker for their three free samples with purchase.

Sometimes I'll look through their samples and order something small (where the shipping is usually more than what I ordered) just to get the sample. I especially like the free samples to try out perfumes.

So when I ran out of my Smashbox color adjust primer (green, to help combat the constant redness of my skin), I had to check and see what the samples were before I could place an order.

And then I noticed that there was some cute lipgloss on sale. And I wanted to get more Benefit Boi-ing concealer becuase the stuff the salesgal talked me into the last time I actually went into the B&M store just wasn't cutting it for me. And at that point I was only $8 under the amount needed to qualify for free shipping, so I hunted around until I found another lip gloss (of course!) that put me over.

I was so excited when the UPS man dropped the box off on my doorstep today while I happened to be home for lunch. It's almost as fun as Christmas!

We have an Ulta in town, but it's not nearly as big as the Sephora is in the capital city. It'll do in a pinch, though, and they do have some good specials. But if I'm going to go all out, I'd rather wait and find the time to drive the 2 hours to the actual Sephora store. I should probably do that sometime before summer. I'm forever on the hunt for a good foundation and have yet to find one that I really love. That and I need more mascara.

I like to say that my version of heaven is a combination of Sephora, Pottery Barn and Cadbury chocolate. I'll be fat, but I'll look fabulous on my stylish furniture.

No comments: