Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Self-Portrait with son

The kiddo's daycare class is talking all about mothers this week in anticipation of Mother's Day on Sunday.

There was a note in last week's newsletter to bring in a photo of "Me and Mom" to put on their bulletin board this week.

Of course, I keep forgetting about it. Probably because there are few photos of me and the kids. I'm usually the one behind the camera taking the pictures. And I just don't really like photos of myself.

Does anyone though? I mean, normal people who aren't Photoshopped all to heck?

So when we got home last night I sat down and took a few photos in the hopes at least one of them would be good enough to print out and take to daycare today.

The hub was busy with the kidlet, so it ended up being a self-portrait session. It turned out okay. Not great because I have flat hair, a shiny, oil-slick face and big enough bags under my eyes to take a trip to Europe. But it's passable.

See:
Ugh. My chin. My forehead. My cheeks. And what is up with that random stringy hair on the side of my face? Blech.

But at least the kiddo looks cute. And you can definitely tell he has my eyes - about the only thing he inherited from me. And he's smiling "nicely" which is an improvement over the usual Gene Simmons/KISS tongue he likes to do in photos.

Kind of like this:
Goofy kid. But we love him.

We're spending Mother's Day up at the farm and doing a fancy-schmancy brunch at the Country Club. I'm sure it will be a lovely day.

2 comments:

kmm0305 said...

I think in the bottom picture you should've done the tongue, too! Like mother like son! :)

Wife and Mommy said...

I think you look great!