Monday, May 11, 2009

When did

My sweet baby boy turn from this:
Into this:

I thought the fascination with farting and pooping and butts wasn't supposed to start until at least elementary school.

I mean, he already announces to the entire world he (and daddy) have penises. I was just starting to get used to that little gem. Now he has to throw in bodily functions to the mix? Oy.

His favorite thing to do as of late is to replace select words in songs with "bum" and then giggle uncontrollably. For example, he'll sing "Mr. Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on ... BUM!!!" look at one of us and then collapse in a fit of giggles.

Or he'll just bust out in random conversation with "Poopy bum!" and giggle uncontrollably.

I grew up with sisters. I'm not used to boy antics. And if his father is any indication, it's only going to get worse.

Heaven help me. At least I have the kidlet to balance out the boy:girl ratio in the house. The dog doesn't count as she was stripped of her reproductive ability a long time ago.

I fear for the middle school/high school days.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

Just so you know, girls can fart at will, too. Leah had said something funny at the dinner table last night (there is a post in itself, the girl obsessed with informercials) and while Emma was laughing, one slipped out. We all laughed harder, so she kept them coming. Not so funny after that. ;)