Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Dynamic Duo

I love my kids.

I think they're going to get along just fine. I hope. At least until they hit high school and they're suddenly thrown in the same building and then they'll pretend not to know each other.

I was giving the kiddo a much-needed bath tonight while waiting for the hub to get home from softball. I was holding on to the kidlet while she stood at the edge of the bath watching her big brother. He was playing with a crocodile spray toy and she was just having the time of her life watching him splash in the water. He would screech and splash and give the crocodile funny voices and she would just cackle and laugh.

Poor dear, she does not have a girly laugh. She has a full-on belly roller. But it's so cute to hear coming from her [not-so-little] body!

I think the kiddo enjoys having an audience, to tell the truth. And the kidlet, well, she is more than willing to watch his antics.

The question of how many kids to have is a constant in my mind. I grew up in a family of 5, so I know what having two siblings is like. Yes, one will almost inevitably be left out (ahem, that was usually me) but we all get along great now and holidays are a lot more fun with more people. The hub grew up in a family of 4, so he thinks two is just fine.

I don't know.

Most days I lean towards three. And on some days, when I'm feeling particularly crazy, I even think four might be fun. We'll see about that.

But I know for sure I love my two with all my heart and I love watching them interact. And I would like to see how another would fit into the mix. But not yet. Heck no!

No comments: