Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ready to Run

Two years ago I did the Couch to 5K program in an attempt to lose the baby weight I gained with the kiddo and work on incorporating a healtheir lifestyle into my daily living.

It went well. I ran a 5k (mostly, there were about 3 blocks I walked because it was just too darn hot, but other than that I ran). I lost 40ish lbs. I felt great.

And then 5 months later, I got pregnant with the kidlet and gained 45 lbs.

I was determined not to go as long as I did living with the extra weight after I had the kiddo. I started keeping track of what I ate with LoseIt on my iPod boyfriend in January. And I haven't missed a day.

Most days are really good. There are some days that are *really* bad. But I mark down everything. Keeping myself accountable is the only thing that works.

I also decided to get back into the C25k program and run a 5k with my sister.

After putting it off and putting it off (mostly because now I have to get up early to do the running sessions and I am *not* a morning person), I finally started the program again in the beginning of May.

It's gone okay. There's a cool app I downloaded for my iPod boyfriend where I can use my own music playlists to run to and it gives me the prompts for when to run/when to walk.

I'm halfway through the program. I had to take a week off two weeks ago because my knees were just killing me. But since then I've felt good. Even running in the morning is going well (except I still can't wake up as early as I'd like).

It feels good to push myself, even though I'm not a runner. I still love walking, but it's nice to do something different a few days a week.

I'm down almost 30 lbs since the beginning of the year. I'm fitting back into clothes I haven't seen in almost two years. I still have 15-20 to get to my ultimate goal, but I'll get there.

I just hope I can keep this up.

1 comment:

Wife and Mommy said...

Way to go!

I want to do a 5K (or more) someday but have never, ever been a runner. Right now I have to deal with this back and leg pain before I can start the C25K...at least that's my current excuse!