Friday, August 7, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Or something like that. I guess you actually need readers for anyone to miss you!

I've been MIA. Not much exciting happening in the farm girl family lately, so I don't feel as if I have anything interesting to write.

Plus, my beloved DSLR is currently broken (it says it needs to have its sensors cleaned?) and I have been too busy (and by busy I mean lazy) to take it in to have it looked at. So I don't have any fun photos to share.

After a cooler-than-normal July, it seems summer has finally decided to show up for August. Of course, it's raining today, but tomorrow it's supposed to hit 90. Maybe that will finally ripen some of our tomatoes. I'm really looking forward to fresh, home-grown tomatoes. Our poor cucumbers, though... I think they're a loss. Oh well. Hopefully we'll have the room for a real garden next year.

No comments: