Friday, August 28, 2009

Booyah!

I stepped on the scale this morning after my shower and saw a number I haven't seen since the summer after my senior year of high school 12 years ago.

I'm down almost 45 lbs from the beginning of the year. That's a lot, I know.

But it feels so good!

And I think I'm even more fit than I was 12 years ago, thanks to Jillian and her daily ass kickings.

I know this is hard. It's SO hard. Limiting myself to XXXX calories per day (those 100-calorie snacks are a Godsend!). Making sure I get in at least 30 minutes of exercise (usually more), but fitting into my favorite skinny jeans is worth it. Wearing cute fitted shirts is worth it. Feeling strong and healthy is worth it. Even though I know I shouldn't focus on the numbers, seeing that on the scale is worth it!

I have about 5 more to go before I hit my "goal." Maybe 10 more, if I'm feeling really motivated, though I think I'd be okay with 5. Now if I could only get rid of all those lovely stretch marks that the kidlet gave me...

1 comment:

WinterBlog said...

You are an inspiration!