Monday, September 7, 2009

Four generations

Last Saturday, I took the kids to go visit my grandmother in the nursing home.

It was a good excuse to get out of the house, let the hub have a few kid-free hours to paint and to visit my grandparents who, despite living less than 40 minutes away, I only get to see about 1-2 times per year.

I am very blessed to have both my maternal grandparents still living. Grandma has had some health issues the past few years, so we are thankful she's still here. She is no longer able to care for herself due to very poor eyesight and arthritis and it's too difficult for my grandpa to take care of her due to his own health issues, so she was moved into a nursing home a few months ago (despite her very vocal displeasure).

God bless grandma. She's Scottish and very stubborn. Someone may or may not have inherited that stubbornness...

Here are the four generations:


It was such a lovely day on Saturday, we sat outside and enjoyed the weather. The kiddo had a great time running around and pretending he was Captain Terrific (thanks to that morning's Imagination Movers episode) and flying around.

The kidlet got to enjoy the wonders of grass for the first time. She was nonchalant about the whole ordeal, except when trying to eat it.


What is this stuff?


It feels kind of funny.


What do you mean I can't eat it?

I hope to get at least one more visit in to see grandma before it gets too terribly cold out. I know both she and grandpa would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Wife and Mommy said...

I love this. Four generations! What a blessing!!