Monday, September 21, 2009

iheartfaces - completely candid


The theme this week for iheartfaces is Completely Candid. Looking through my pictures this week, I think I found the perfect photo.

I know I've shared this one before on here, but never as an iheartfaces entry. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

The kiddo was not quite nine months old in this picture, and these are the hub's grandmas (so the kiddo's great-grandmas). Collectively known as The Grandmas, they almost always come as a pair. They're both widowed and live in the same small town, attend the same small-town church and do a lot of things together. We love The Grandmas.

And, in typical Grandma fashion, they're encouraging the kiddo to get in to trouble. Nevermind the fact that at 9 months old he wasn't supposed to have popcorn yet. Really yummy fancy gourmet popcorn from Chicago at that. But he doesn't seem deterred, and neither do the Grandmas. The look on their faces is priceless, I just wish I had a better angle of the kiddo's face. I'm sure he was more than delighted at this new experience!

God bless The Grandmas. I hope they're with us for a long time to come.

Head on over to iheartfaces for more fun candid shots!

8 comments:

Ave said...

What a great picture! He is so lucky :)

I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look :)

julie said...

Ha ha ha! This is priceless! God bless the Grandmas, indeed! I know you will always treasure this photo! :)

Jessica said...

That is so sweet! I love how they are a great pair to hang out together! Very sweet!

Alice said...

great memories being made right there! so much fun :)

my photo is posted now also. feel free to come on over for a visit anytime :).

cherie said...

sweet photo as is the story behind it !

homemakerchronicles said...

What a blessing to have these ladies in your life! Great story and picture!

CelloBella said...

Love the red hair.
:)

Alison said...

Love it! What a great moment captured! He will love looking at this one day! Too sweet!