Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm not ready for that yet!

I had to stop by Target today on my lunch hour to pick up a few things. While there, I decided to look through the toddler's section for some more long pants for the kiddo. As much as I don't want to admit it, today is the first day of fall and he won't be able to wear shorts to daycare much longer.

At 3.5, the kiddo is wearing size 5T clothes. 5T! The next step up is big boy clothes. I'm not ready for that yet! He's still my baby, he can't be wearing those sizes yet.

In my head, the kiddo still looks like this:
Cute little rubber band wrists, ample rolls on his thighs and multiple chins.

But he doesn't look like that anymore, he looks like this:
He's leaned out. He's strong. He has better abs than I do! He's tall and solid and built exactly like his daddy, the hub, who was an athlete in his pre-marriage/pre-kids life.

I know in 10 or so years, the kiddo will be towering over me and eating us out of house and home. But for now I'll enjoy the fact that he can still (willingly) sit on my lap and give me hugs and kisses. *sigh* Everyone says they grow up so fast, but you don't really believe it until it happens before your very eyes.

1 comment:

Beth Dunn said...

I know I'm not ready either but here we go!!!! xoxo