Thursday, September 17, 2009

Motivation

I am in dire need of some right now.

It doesn't help that my main computer at work has been down for the past week so I haven't been able to do much "real" work. I've been unsuccessfully pretending to appear busy, but I don't think my boss is buying it much. We're rather slow right now, anyway, so it's not like I'm the only one.

But that lack of motivation has passed on to my housework. I have baskets of laundry that need to be folded, floors that need to be vacuumed, bathrooms that need to be cleaned and toys that need to be picked up. I just look at them when I get home from work and think "Eh. I'll get to it tomorrow." Only tomorrow comes around and I think "Eh. I'll get to it this weekend."

It doesn't help that summer has finally arrived (in mid-September, no less) and it's been absolutely gorgeous out the last few days. Temps in the high 70s, practically no humidity. Perfect for opening all the windows and letting the breeze flow through the house, along with that yummy fallish dry leaves smell. I love fall.

No comments: