Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's only October 10

and we woke up to flurries and a slight dusting of snow.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is the Midwest after all. Anything can happen here when it comes to weather.

So tonight the expected low is 18. Brrrrrrr!

I'm going to have to pull out the down comforter and shake it out. And put the flannel sheets on all the beds.

And tomorrow morning I'm going to be braving the cold and walking in a 5K

I won't be running as I haven't run since the 5K my sister and I ran in July, but I can walk a 5K no problem. A friend and I had signed up to walk the race two years ago, but it got rained out. I couldn't do it last year because I had just had the kidlet. I'm walking solo because the said friend had a prior commitment, but that's okay.

I'm really looking forward to it. I went and picked up my race packet this morning and discovered my tag number was 10,700. That means there are more than 10,000 people signed up for this race. That's awesome! It's a run/walk race, and this is the first year men have been able to sign up for the race as well. I really kind of liked the idea of it being women-only, but if it raises more money for breast cancer research, then heck, let dogs run too!

I'll try and take pictures. The race starts at 8:00 am, and I should be there at least 30 minutes before the start. I may not be pretty, or awake at that time, but I'll be there. And I'll be wearing my snazzy new hot pink stocking cap and hot pink gloves to ward off the cold. :)

3 comments:

amh said...

I'll take the cold! I did a 10-mile breast cancer bike ride down here today in sunny FL (100 heat index/98% humidty) and passed out due to heat stroke!

five tomatoes said...

Have a great walk! I have a breast cancer giveaway going on right now if you want to enter. :)

Gracieanne1 said...

Brrrr. That does sound cold. Pink gloves and hat sounds like the perfect attire for the breast cancer awareness walk. My husband has walked along with me because our race in the east is open to men. I missed the race this year, was working but beleive in the cause.