Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missing: one willpower

I seem to have fallen off the exercise/good eating wagon. This isn't a surprise, it happens every now and then. But there's one major culprit:


My fall candy mix. A bag of candy corn (I like the "Indian" corn with the brown tops), a small bag of M'n'M's and a jar of dry roasted peanuts. Divine! It's the best combination of salty, sweet, chocolate, crunchy and chewy. I've even figured out the perfect ratio of peanuts (2-3), chocolate (2 M'n'M's) and candy corn (1).

Unfortunately, I've been snacking on it for the past week and I'm starting to notice it's catching up to me.

It doesn't help that with sick kiddos, birthday parties and yucky weather, I haven't exactly been exercising as regularly as I had been.

I mean, come on, this is what the weather has been like this entire week:
Cloudy, rainy, gloomy and chilly. Despite my best intentions, I haven't gotten up early to exercise like I have planned in my head because it's so dreary and chilly in the mornings and bed is so warm and comfortable!

But I haven't worked so hard the entire year to just stop and let it all go to pot. So I'll take my little break, enjoy some time off, and then get back to it.

Falling off the wagon is only a setback if you refuse to jump back on.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

It is much better with almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts. ;) Although I just eat the nuts!