Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh Lordy

I'm not used to little boys. I grew up with two sisters and all the accoutrements that accompany girls - Barbies, dress-up, playing Beauty Parlor, etc...

So I can't help it if I'm folding laundry and my darling little boy comes up to me and says "Hey mom, look at this" and has his pants pulled down to show off his goods, I laugh so hard I start crying. Even though I know that just encourages him and I should be parenting him. And I have to try and compose myself to tell him that we keep our private parts in our pants unless we're going potty. But I start laughing again, because little girls just don't do that!

And then, the hub comes in from taking the dog outside to go potty and I start laughing/crying again because I have to recount the entire story for him.

Oh Lordy. These children. I love my children, but oh man. They don't tell you about these moments when you're taking those prenatal classes at the hospital. And I think I want another one? I better hope it's another girl. I can handle those, I don't know what I'd do with another boy!

1 comment:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Hello from Iowa! Looking at some of your older posts, I was proud to see your son wearing and ISU sweatshirt! I actually work there. Thanks for stopping by!