Thursday, December 17, 2009

Desickber

It never fails. It seems someone is *always* sick in December. Always.

We went through a horrible bout of stomach flu a few years ago. That is the one and only time the kiddo has been hospitalized, thankfully, due to dehydration.

Every year since then we've had at least 2-3 days where the kiddo or kidlet has been home from daycare due to some sort of illness.

This year, the kiddo ended up getting sick on the way home from my sister's after my family's Christmas on Sunday. He was in the truck with the hub, so at least I didn't have to deal with it (sorry hub). Then the kidlet was sent home early on Monday due to fever.

Whatever the kiddo had hasn't completely gone away as he had his first big "accident" since being potty trained. Poor kid. He probably didn't even know it happened and thought he was just tooting. One sheet change, bath and new jammies later, he was back asleep like a baby.

One thing is for sure, being a parent sure makes you immune to the effects of bodily fluids on your person or furniture.

But these little redheads, I think I'd put up with anything from them.

I took this shot last weekend, anticipating using it in our Christmas card, but I changed my mind and used one of the entire family instead.

Being home with both kids today may prove interesting, though... If I can get the kidlet to nap soon, I told the kiddo he could help with making Christmas cookies. That will be an experience!

No comments: