Friday, December 11, 2009

i heart faces - fix it Friday



Every Friday on iheartfaces, the gals offer up a SOOC shot to edit to your little heart's desire. I always want to try this out, and always seem to forget until sometime on Sunday!

But I was slow (and procrastinating) at work today, so I decided to play around with it a bit.

The original:


And my edit:



I used an action called Platino V1 I'd found for free online. After I ran the action, I adjusted the platino layer to 55% and the b/w mixer layer to 60%. Then I used a mask on the blur layer to highlight certain areas of the photo - the detail on the horse, the cowboy's face, the dirt. Then I cropped it slightly to showcase the cowboy and the steer.

I love the gritty, faded effect of the action. I think it turned out pretty cool, and it's a cool photo to start with. So much about photography is subjective, though, and you may have another idea of what would look cool.

Check out the other fix-its on iheartfaces.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This was a fun edit! Beautifulblogyou have :)

Mom of M&Ms said...

what a way to avoid work! nice job