Friday, December 4, 2009

Where's. My. Pie!

That's from one of the kiddo's Backyardigan's episodes: Samurai Pie.

As figured, I was tasked with making the pies for our Thanksgiving feast (and I also made two for Thanksgiving the next day with the ILs.)

I made the traditional pumpkin and then a super yummy Sour Cream Pecan pie. I got the recipe from an internet friend a few years ago, and it's become a favorite for special meals. It's extremely easy and extremely delicious.





Mmmmmm...... Pie......





It didn't last long.

Sour Cream Pecan Pie
3 eggs
1/2 c sour cream
1 c sugar
1/2 c dark corn syrup
2T butter, melted
1t salt
1t vanilla
1c pecans

Beat eggs. Add sour cream and mix well. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix. Add pecans. Pour into 9" pie shell. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 425.

No comments: