Saturday, January 16, 2010

C is for Cookie

That's good enough for me.

Did anyone else have the old Sesame Street records? The ones with Rubber Ducky and I Love Trash and the whole theme song on it? Sometimes I'll occasionally bust out with a verse from I Love Trash in my head, for no apparent reason.

Anyway...

Have I mentioned how much I love my new mixer? It's so purty.

I've used it at least once a week since I got it, mostly to make cookies. I made monster cookies for our road trip to Arizona. I made good, old Nestle Tollhouse cookies last week (only used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips because I didn't have any good, old Nestle semi-sweet in my cupboard).

This week I made white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies,

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 c butter, softened (can also use margarine if that's all you have)
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c flour (I actually used closer to 1 3/4 and would even consider going up to 2 cups. They're a little crispy yet)
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 c oatmeal
1 t vanilla
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 c dried cranberries

Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and mix well. Add remaining ingredients, dough will be stiff. Drop on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.

Even though my oven runs a little hot, I found 11 minutes to be about perfect for these cookies. Nicely golden, yet still soft and chewy in the middle.

These were adapted from an oatmeal chocolate chip recipe I found in yet another small-town cookbook. They smelled divine while baking, the hub commented they were tasty and the cookie dough was awfully good. I haven't actually had a chance to eat one yet, but I'm sure that won't take long.



I think the people who are happiest about my current baking obsession are the hub's coworkers. I always force him to take what I make into work with him so I'm not tempted to eat everything!

1 comment:

WinterBlog said...

yummy...Great mixer! Mine is tangerine color :) I have used mine like three times...but it looks great on my counter!!! Corbin loves to cook, though, so he uses it quite a bit.