Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wii!

Yesterday afternoon the hub texted me that he'd won a Wii from his work.

As a creative way to encourage employees to work over the Christmas break (but without paying them overtime, which isn't in the budget), employees who worked more than a certain number of hours were placed in a raffle for various prizes. The hub won a Wii!


How cool is that!?!

I think we're about the only people we know who don't yet have one. The hub has an xBox I bought him a few years ago that he plays a few times a week, but otherwise we're not really gaming people. If I have down time, I prefer to spend it reading, in the bath or on the computer.

But I'd heard a lot of good things abut the Wii, especially the WiiFit and EA Active Sports games and accessories you can buy for it. I'm always looking for different ways to change up my exercise routine, especially as I gained back 5lbs over the Christmas holiday (darn you cookies!).

He set it up last night and played a little of the Wii Sports game that comes with the console. He said it took a little getting used to, but it looked like fun.

Now, we just have to get some accessories to go with it!

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

Look on e-bay for a balance board and other accessories. That is where we got ours (we bought a used one w/Wii, controlers, games, balance board, etc). John also got him a Star Wars game, me a Jillian game, Aerosmith Guitar Hero and Tiger Woods golf on e-bay. To exercise def get the EA Active--I would get that before a balance board/Wii Fit. Nice that he won something you didn't already have! :)