Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's finally spring!

Although it didn't really feel like it on Saturday when we woke up to this:

Even my poor little daffodils from Daffodil Days couldn't believe it snowed.

At least they helped brighten up my kitchen.

Thankfully, the snow didn't last long. It had already mostly melted by Saturday afternoon.

And even though it was only about 45 degrees out today, the sun was shining and the kids were running wild, so we took a nice walk down to a nearby park.

Everyone had a great time.

Watch me mom!

I don't know why he's insistent on doing the whole Gene Simmons KISS tongue in photos. What a goofball.

The kidlet was a little unsure of the playground.

But as soon as she saw the swings, she was off!


Wheeeeeeeee!

A quick stint at the slides with big brother, but then we were back to the swing.

The kiddo, on the other hand, was busy making a mess, as usual.

I believe this was him putting wood chips on the slide so he could go through them as he came down. Goofball.

He graciously posed for a pic, though I had to tell him twice to smile nice and put his tongue back in his mouth. Goofball.

Such a nice big brother to help push his little sister on the swings.

I like the playground, mom!

But, alas, all good things must come to an end. It was getting chilly and we had supper to eat!

Goodbye, park. Until we meet again, hopefully soon.

I've been practicing more with the manual settings on my camera. Just when I think I have one part figured out, another thing trips me up. I did better with the exposure on these, but was having a heckuva time with the auto focus. Wild children aren't the best practice subjects. But I'll just keep practicing!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That doggy hat is beyond adorable - and I think you've got the settings down, because those pictures look great!