Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Joyful Eastertide

The kiddos' daycare was closed on Good Friday, as was my work, so we had a wonderful long weekend.

That weekend was also half taken up with traveling hither and yon to each set of grandparents. It was a wonderful weekend, though, and it's always lovely to see family.

The kiddos had a great Easter. They got lots of fun stuff in their Easter baskets (coincidently, the Easter Bunny knows *exactly* what kind of candy mommy (me) likes best because I am the one who ends up eating most of it).

There was a fun flower headband

Which also turned into the kiddo playing "Statue of Liverty".

But I think the Easter egg hunt was the most well-received activity.
I see one!

And some more!

Running to find the next one.

Easter egg hunts are Serious Business.

He found quite a few!

Cracking them open to check out all the loot (more candy that I'm sure I'll end up eating. Goodbye smaller size pants. It was nice to know you...).

The kidlet was still a little young to comprehend the whole hunting for Easter eggs deal, but she made her own fun. Too bad the tractor isn't green! ;)

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

It wasn't the Easter candy that did me in--the was the 2.5 bottles of wine we finished off, the brownie bites, the Snickerdoodle cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, the lemon poppy seed cake with lemon curd/ raspberry butter frosting/lemon butter frosting, the quiche, cheesy hashbrowns, bacon, and cinnamon rolls. Um yeah.